One-to-One & Small-Group Training
Cinematographer Pieter de Vries ACS will teach you the skills that you need to shoot stunning video. If you want to learn the technical and creative essentials and prefer learning at your own pace, then One-to-One is for you - it's the ultimate shortcut to the skills you need at a time that suits you. Training for small groups can also be arranged. Based in Sydney, training can be organised in other centers READ MORE
Multi-Media Producers producing video for their company
October 2017: It was a brilliant night in Helsinki. I had the pleasure of presenting the award for Best Cinematography Documentary Films to Polish cinematographer, Lukasz Zal for his work on "Ikon".
Other winners on the night were Fabian Wagner BSC ASC for TV Drama, "Game of Thrones – The Winds of Winter" and Seamus McGarvey BSC for the Feature Film "Nocturnal Animals".
Congratulations to the winners and to all the nominees. There was some extraordinary cinematography up on the screen.
September & October 2017: I have been presenting lectures to guests on the US based Silversea cruise ship, the Silver Shadow. The talks centred on my photography and cinematography. This three week assignment included Tokyo, Hiroshima, Shimizu and Ishikagi (Japan) Seoul and Busan (South Korea) Beijing, Tianjing and Shanghai (China).
I've been selected to exhibit two of my images to represent the Australian Cinematographers Society (ACS) at an international photography exhibition in Poland. To help celebrate the 25th anniversaries of the Camerimage International Film Festival of the Art of Cinematography and IMAGO — the Federation of European Cinematographers — a selection of images taken by members will be showcased during the upcoming festival, held November 11-18 in Bydgoszcz, Poland. Creating images is the art and profession of cinematographers and many cinematographers are also creators of still images.
This exhibition will showcase how cinematographers from all around the world work with visual artistry in artistic composition, visual motifs, contrast, colour or black-and-white when it comes to still images. https://theasc.com/news/asc-imago-joint-photo-exhibition-to-be-must-see-at-camerimage
22nd April 2017: Bilgola Beach 610am. I used a Sony RX100 Mk4 for this shot.
March & April 2017: Snow blizzards recently blanketed the north east of the United States. I was there to capture and document the beautly of New Jersey in the snowy aftermath. A comination of stills photograpy and video in the countrside and on the streets of New York.
18th February 2017: The Bilgola Beach rock shelf at low tide. I used a Sony A7R Mk2.
October/November 2016: The face of a new generation in Myanmar is this young market girl. Such generous and welcoming people make up this still desperately poor nation. It is a wonderful place to roam with a camera.
1st October 2016: My Still to Motion workshop for Focus photographers has wrapped and it was a great day. Thanks to all those who came along, glad to know you had a great time as well as leaving with new skills. It's also a great way for me to meet new people.
Focus is a community for those who share a passion for landscape and seascape photography. Visit the Focus website
More Articles ...
- ASSIGNMENT: South Georgia Island and Antarctica
- Interview with ABC radios' Conversations
- July training fully booked - now looking to August
- Smartfone Flick Fest 2016 judges announced
- assignment: Sunrise - Sydney's northern beaches
- Seven West Cadet Journalists
- January ACS Drop-In evening - Sony update & A7r MK2 talk
- Assignment: Taipei, Ryukyu Islands, Kagoshima & Shanghai
- VJ training for Walkley Award winning journalist
- Video camera training for Seven Network's Political Reporter
- Assignment: Into the Deep Freeze Freeze, South Georgia & Antarctica expedition
- Assignment: A very rare Cape Horn visit
- SBS television cadet journalist training
- Exclusive Photography Expedition - Antarctica & South Georgia
- ABC Canberra journalist Siobhan Heanue
- Assignment: India & Bhutan for Intuition documentary
- September - transition-to-video training in Goondiwindi
- September - Marg & Steve, Red Moon Creative
- August - Network Seven cadet journalists training
- Assignment: an Intuition documentary in the USA