Learn how to shoot and edit engaging video stories
THE CAMERA, THE STORY, THE LIGHT are core elements of this training, structured for anyone who wants to take their expertise beyond menus and dials. One-to-One training or being part of a small group is the fastest way to gain the techniques that enable you to tell compelling stories with a video camera, DSLR orKnowing about informative composition, learning how to maximise the use available light and having the expertise to record clean audio are the essential foundations. This knowledge frees you to concentrate on creating the perfect mix of shots that will result in engaging sequences.
One-to-One gives you the chance to have every question answered, any shooting scenario explained. How much time you'll need depends on your experience, what you'd like achieve and the time you have available. Ask for a quote or call to discuss any aspect of your video photography. PDV is based in Sydney however training can be arranged in other centres.
Who could benefit
What you will learn
Cinematographer and photographer Pieter de Vries ACS will pass on to you a wealth of knowledge and story ideas gleaned from years of shooting award-winning international productions in more than one hundred and forty countries. He uses to show you brilliant shooting techniques and explains the language of filmmaking. Along the way you'll get to use some of the latest video tools.
Video camera, DSLR or Mirrorless camera - take control of your settings and you take control of your story. You will be shown how to set the menu items that matter so that you can craft images the way you like them. Now you can enjoy constructing engaging video stories. Topics include:
SAY GOODBYE TO AUTO
• Setting exposure using monitors, histograms & zebras
• Colour balance - the cinematographer's colour secrets
• Learn about timelapse & slow-motion cinematography
• Shooting with gimbals, sliders, dollies & jibs
• Following movement - handheld and on a tripod
• Audio options recording audio in the real world
Video story-telling plays a key role in this training. Regardless of whether you shoot with a Video camera, DSLR or Mirrorless camera, the story can often take a back seat to the stunning image quality. Few people have an emotional response to image resolution. Topics include:
• Capturing the mix of shots that will deliver a brilliant edit
• Finding dynamic camera angles that improve coverage
• Using the widescreen frame for informative composition
WITH THE EDIT IN MIND
• Easy & effective lighting for interviews
• Follow focus using a telephoto lens
• How to use the available light